On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 06:07:47PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 05:01:43PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
>
> > And yes there are now plenty of pep8 jobs that are failing with PBR 2.0.0
> >
> > We can't revert the requirements change that landed which means that
> > projects
> > using old hacking versions are going to need an update :(
>
> One option may be to release 0.10.3 of hacking that removes the cap on pbr.  I
> think this would fix the issues on master but I *think* it will cause problems
> on ,at least, stable/mitaka where 0.10.x is still the preferred version.
>
> For projects that have constraints support things will be fine as the version
> selected for PBR will come from upper-constraints.txt and hacking from
> requirements so those projects will get pbr == 1.8.1 and hacking 0.10.3
> #winning.
>
> For projects that don't have constraints support which is still quite a few[1]
> they'll end up with pbr 2.0.0 which will almost certainly break things.
> Probably not in behaviour but more likely with similar VersionConflicts.

I know I'm talking to myself .....

A project on $branch without constraints is going to get pbr 2.0.0 and then hit
version conflicts with projects that have pbr <2.0.0 caps *anyway* regardless
of what hacking says right?

So removing the pbr cap in hacking doesn't make things worse for stable
branches but it does make things better for master?

Yours Tony.