On Mon, 27 Feb 2017, Sean Dague wrote:

However, when there is magic applied it means that stops being true. And
now folks think the APIs work like the magic works, not realizing it's
all client side magic, and when they try to do this in node next month,
it will all fall apart.

+many

It's good we have a plan (elsewhere in the thread) to get things
smooth again, but we should also see if we can articulate something
along the lines of "design goals" so that this kind of thing is
decreasingly common.

We've become relatively good at identifying when the problem exists:
If you find yourself justifying some cruft on side A for behavior on
side B we know that's a problem for other users of B. What we're less
good at is evolving B quickly enough such that A doesn't have to
compensate. There's likely no easy solution that also accounts for
compatibility.

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/