On Monday, 6 March 2017 20:05:18 CET James E. Blair wrote:
> Telles Nobrega <tenob...@redhat.com> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > we from Sahara use the compatibility layer with Zuulv2.5 and we are
> > wondering if with the change to Zuulv3 this compatibility layer will still
> > be maintained.
> > If the layer is removed it will reflect into some changes on our side and
> > we are looking for this information to identify how much work will be
> > needed on our CI.
>
> Hi,
>
> If you are referring to the ability to run jobs in Jenkins, no, Zuul
> will no longer have direct support for that.

Hi,
just to be more clear: does it affect 3rd-party CIs still using Jenkins?

The current Sahara CI (see
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/sahara-ci-config) uses Jenkins and a
local Zuul installation.

I have to admit I lack some knowledge on how much the job triggering is
connected to the main instance, so apologize for the stupid question: if we
keep our configuration as it is now, will it continue to work?

(not talking about the convenience of switching to zuul v3, as 2.x is going to
be unmaintained, this is just to set the priorities).

--
Luigi