I've seen a few bugs/reviews like this [1] lately which are essentially backporting fixes from the nova openstack v3 API to the v2 API. While this is goodness for the v2 API, I'm not sure why we're spending time on low priority bug fixes like this for the v2 API when v3 is the future. Shouldn't only high impact / high probability fixes get backported to the nova v2 API now? I think most people are still using v2 so they are probably happy to get the fixes, but it kind of seems to prolong the inevitable.

Am I missing something?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/58665/

Matt Riedemann