Heidi,
Thanks very much for the draft.
The mascot is awesome. I guess I am struggling with how to distinguish a stork
from a storklet: The mascot looks more like a stork.
I think that what distinguishes a stork chick from other similar chicks (of
e.g. herons / gannets / ) is the long and thick beak, and not necessarily the
legs.

Just playing with an idea: How about adding an egg like in the below picture
replacing the chick with something that has a long neck and thick long beak as
in the original mascot? or as in one of the original photos
(http://www.arkive.org/marabou-stork/leptoptilos-crumeniferus/image-G69355.html
<http://www.arkive.org/marabou-stork/leptoptilos-crumeniferus/image-G69355.html>)

Thoughts?
Thanks very much,