I'll definitely be looking at getting a searchlight-ui patch up for
the mirror side of my Horizon patch.

Double registration largely depends on which particular aspect of the
resource type is being looked at. Most of the resource type
registration will just be replaced (with identical information) but
the kicker will be table columns and actions which are added by append
(via extensible service), so they'll all be duplicated if both
registrations run. So ideally both searchlight-ui and Horizon would be
updated at the same time.

     Richard