Balaji.P

From: Balaji Patnala [mailto:patnala...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:21 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List
Cc: Addepalli Srini-B22160; B Veera-B37207; P Balaji-B37839; Lingala Srikanth
Kumar-B37208; Somanchi Trinath-B39208; Mannidi Purandhar Sairam-B39209
Subject: [openstack-dev] [nova] Static IPAddress configuration in nova.conf file

Hi,
Nova-compute in Compute nodes send fanout_cast to the scheduler in Controlle
Node once every 60 seconds.  Configuration file Nova.conf in Compute Node has
to be configured with Management Network IP address and there is no provision
to configure Data Network IP address in the configuration file. But if there is
any change in the IPAddress for these Management Network Interface and Data
Network Interface, then we have to configure them  manually in the
configuration file of compute node.
We would like to create BP to address this issue of static configuration of
IPAddress for Management Network Interface and Data Network Interface of
Compute Node by providing the interface names in the nova.conf file.
So that any change in the ipaddress for these interfaces will be updated
dynamically in the fanout_cast  message to the Controller and update the DB.
We came to know that the current deployments are using some scripts to handle
this static ipaddress configuration in nova.conf file.
Any comments/suggestions will be useful.
Regards,
Balaji.P