Hi everyone,

Me and two of my colleagues are working on adding Neutron Trunk support to Heat. One of us working on the resource implementation, one on the unit tests and one on the functional tests. But all of these looks like a big chunk of work so I'm wondering how can we divide them into smaller parts.

One idea is to split them along life cycle methods (create, update, delete, etc.), for example: * Implement the resource creation + the relevant unit tests + the relevant functional tests, review and merge these * implementing the delete operation + the relevant unit tests + the relevant functional tests, review and merge these
 * move on to implementing the update operation + tests... and so on.

Lastly, when the last part of the code and tests merged, we can document the new resource, create templates in the heat-templates etc.

Is this workflow sounds feasible?

I mostly concerned about the fact that there will be a time period when only a half-done feature merged into the Heat codebase, and I'm not sure if this is acceptable?

Has anybody implemented a new resource with a team? I would love to hear some experiences about how others have organized this kind of work.

Cheers,
Norbert