On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 09:42:58AM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've posted a refactoring patch that simplifies tooz (read: remove
> technical debt) usage more than a month ago, and I got 0 review since
> then:
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/447079
>
> I'm a bit worried to see this zero review on such patches. It seems the
> most recently merged things are all vendor specific. Is the core of
> Cinder still maintained? Is there any other reason for such patches to
> be ignored for so long?
>
> --
> Julien Danjou
> // Free Software hacker
> // https://julien.danjou.info

Thanks for pointing that patch out Julien. All I can think if is it must
have been a combination of bad timing and just no one focusing on that
area at the moment.

I see there is some feedback on the patch now. I would hope we can get
things reviewed and taken care of there soon.

As far as vendor specific things - I don't think it's an accurate statement
to say _only_ vendor things have been merged recently. There is definitely
more work being done related to drivers than core code, but not entirely.

It's certainly possible that vendors are more active on IRC and asking for
reviews on things that they feel are important. With a reduced number of
cores due to current changes, fortunately or unfortunately, that's a good
way to get attention to a patch. I would recommend in the future if you
see something sitting out there too long - feel free to raise it to our
attention in the #openstack-cinder channel.

Sean