On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:33 PM Matthew Treinish <mtrein...@kortar.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 09:49:14AM +0530, Rabi Mishra wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Andrea Frittoli <
> andrea.fritt...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> (or

> client

> Heat
> that

> the

> the gap.

> as we

> tempest
> Though
> would
> pieces
> > >>

> > > I'm proposing to move tests and the service client outside of tempest
> to a
> > > new home.
> > >
> > > I also suggested that the new home could be a dedicate repo, since that
> > > would allow you to maintain the
> > > current branchless nature of those tests. A more detailed discussion
> about
> > > the topic can be found
> > > in the corresponding proposed queens goal [5],
> > >
> > > Using a dedicated repo *is not* a precondition for moving tests and
> > > service client out of Tempest.
> > >

> > We probably are mixing two different things here.
> >
> > 1. Moving in-tree heat templest plugn and tests to a dedicated repo
> >
> > Though we don't have any plans for it now, we may have to do it when/if
> > it's accepted as a community goal.
> >
> > 2.  Moving tempest tree heat tests and heat service client to a new home
> > and owner.
> >
> > I don't think that's something heat team would like to do given that we
> > don't use these tests anywhere and would probably spend time improving
> the
> > coverage of the gabbi api tests we already have.

The test coverage provided by those tests is not available anywhere else at
the moment, however the tests are not really used, so I'm confused about
this.

You could run the existing Tempest tests with very little extra effort
until the
corresponding coverage is available in Gabbi format.

> Ok, well if the heat team has no interest in maintaining these tests there
> is
> no point in keeping them around anymore. I've pushed up:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/461841

Thanks for this.
We will need Heat PTL / QA Liaison +1 on the test removal before it goes
through.

> to remove the tests. As for the clients we can just move those to
> tempest.lib
> to not break the plugins that are using them.

We could, but other projects maintain their own service clients, I'm not
convinced we should
make a special case for Heat.