We can't do that. It used to behave that way, which led to https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1065531

-Ben

On 2013-12-03 16:22, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
Should we update oslo-incubator first to?

default=os.environ.get("OSLO_LOCK_PATH") or tempfile.mkdtemp()

-- dims

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Sean Dague <s...@dague.net> wrote:
This cinder patch - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/48935/

Is blocked on failing upgrade because the updated oslo lockutils won't
function until there is a specific configuration variable added to the
cinder.conf.

That work around is proposed here -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/52070/3

However I think this is exactly the kind of forward breaks that we want
to prevent with grenade, as cinder failing to function after a rolling
upgrade because a config item wasn't added is exactly the kind of pain
we are trying to prevent happening to ops.

So the question is, how is this done correctly so that a default can be
set in the cinder code for this value, and it not require a config
change to work?

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague