On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:26:41AM +0200, Lance Haig wrote:

This is not only an Aodh/Ceilometer alarm issue. I can confirm that
whatever the resource prefix, this works well.

But an alarm description also contains a query an external API to
retrieve statistics. Aodh alarms are currently able to
query the deprecated Ceilometer-API and the Gnocchi-API. Creating alarms
that query the deprecated Ceilometer-API is obviously deprecated too.

Unfortunately, I have seen that all templates still use the deprecated
Ceilometer-API. Since Ocata, this API don't even run by default.

I just propose an update for one template as example here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/465817/

I can't really do the others, I don't have enough knowledge in
Mistral/Senlin/Openshift.
One of the challenges we have is that we have users who are on different versions of heat and so if we change the examples to accommodate the new features then we effectively block them from being able to use these or learn from them.

I think, it's too late to use term 'new feature' for
Aodh/Telemetry/Gnocchi. It's not new anymore, but current. The current
templates just doesn't work since at least 3 cycles... And the repo
still doesn't have templates that use the current supported APIs.

How many previous version do you want to support in this repos ? I doubt it's
more of 2-3 cycles, you may just fixes all autoscaling/autohealing templates
today.

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sil...@sileht.net