Hi all,

As discussed last month [1], we agree that each neutron-related
dashboard has its own repository.
I would like to move this forward on FWaaS and VPNaaS
as the horizon team plans to split them out as horizon plugins.

A couple of questions hit me.

(1) launchpad project
Do we create a new launchpad project for each dashboard?
At now, FWaaS and VPNaaS projects use 'neutron' for their bug tracking
from the historical reason, it sometimes There are two choices: the
one is to accept dashboard bugs in 'neutron' launchpad,
and the other is to have a separate launchpad project.

My vote is to create a separate launchpad project.
It allows users to search and file bugs easily.

(2) repository name

Are neutron-fwaas-dashboard / neutron-vpnaas-dashboard good repository
names for you?
Most horizon related projects use xxxx-dashboard or xxxx-ui as their repo names.
I personally prefers to xxxx-dashboard as it is consistent with the
OpenStack dashboard
(the official name of horizon). On the other hand, I know some folks
prefer to xxxx-ui
as the name is shorter enough.
Any preference?

(3) governance
neutron-fwaas project is under the neutron project.
Does it sound okay to have neutron-fwaas-dashboard under the neutron project?
This is what the neutron team does for neutron-lbaas-dashboard before
and this model is adopted in most horizon plugins (like trove, sahara
or others).

(4) initial core team

My thought is to have neutron-fwaas/vpnaas-core and horizon-core as
the initial core team.
The release team and the stable team follow what we have for
neutron-fwaas/vpnaas projects.
Sounds reasonable?

Finally, I already prepare the split out version of FWaaS and VPNaaS
dashboards in my personal github repos.
Once we agree in the questions above, I will create the repositories
under git.openstack.org.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-April/thread.html#115200