Hi,

Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot <sathl...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think we have such a job in place.  Basically that would check
>> that re-running the "openstack deploy ..." command won't do anything.
>>
>> We had such an error by the past[1], but I'm not sure this has been
>> captured by an associated job.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>
> It would be interesting to measure how much time does it take to run
> it again.

Could you point out how such an experiment could be done ?

> If it's short, we could add it to all our scenarios + ovb
> jobs.  If it's long, maybe we need an additional job, but it would
> take more resources, so maybe we could run it in periodic pipeline
> (note that periodic jobs are not optimal since we could break
> something quite easily).

Just adding as context that the issue was already raised[1].  Beside
time constraint, it was pointed out that we would also need to parse the
log to find out if anything was restarted.  But it could be a second
step.  For parsing, this code was pointed out[2].

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/114836.html
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/279271/9/fuelweb_test/helpers/astute_log_parser.py@212