On 6/8/2017 6:17 PM, John Griffith wrote:
​The attachment_update call could do this for you, might need some slight tweaks because I tried to make sure that we weren't having attachment records be modified things that lived forever and were dynamic. This particular case seems like a descent fit though, issue the call; cinder queries the backend to get any updated connection info and sends it back. I'd leave it to Nova to figure out if said info has been updated or not. Just iterate through the attachment_ids in the bdm and update/refresh each one maybe?

Yeah, although we have to keep in mind that's a new API we're not even using yet for volume attach, so anything I'm thinking about here has to handle old-style attachments (old-style as in, you know, today). Plus we don't have a migration plan yet for the old style attachments to the new style. At the Pike PTG we said we'd work on that in Queens.

I definitely want to use new shiny things at some point, we just have to handle the old crufty things too.

Matt