On 06/09/2017 05:24 PM, Alex Schultz wrote:
Hey folks,

I wanted to bring to your attention that we've merged the change[0] to
add a basic set of roles that can be combined to create your own
roles_data.yaml as needed.  With this change the roles_data.yaml and
roles_data_undercloud.yaml files in THT should not be changed by hand.
Instead if you have an update to a role, please update the appropriate
roles/*.yaml file. I have proposed a change[1] to THT with additional
tools to validate that the roles/*.yaml files are updated and that
there are no unaccounted for roles_data.yaml changes.  Additionally
this change adds in a new tox target to assist in the generate of
these basic roles data files that we provide.

Ideally I would like to get rid of the roles_data.yaml and
roles_data_undercloud.yaml so that the end user doesn't have to
generate this file at all but that won't happen this cycle.  In the
mean time, additional documentation around how to work with roles has
been added to the roles README[2].

Hi, this is awesome! Do we expect more example roles to be added? E.g. I could add a role for a reference Ironic Conductor node.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445687/
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/472731/