On Jun 20, 2017, at 8:38 AM, Jay Pipes <jaypi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The example I posted used 3 resource providers. 2 compute nodes with no
>>> local disk and a shared storage pool.
>> Now I’m even more confused. In the straw man example
>> (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471927/
>> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471927/>)
>> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471927/3/specs/pike/approved/placement-allocation-requests.rst
>>
>> <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/471927/3/specs/pike/approved/placement-allocation-requests.rst>>
>>  I see only one variable ($COMPUTE_NODE_UUID) referencing a compute node in
>> the response.
>
> I'm referring to the example I put in this email threads in
> paste.openstack.org <http://paste.openstack.org/> with numbers showing 1600
> bytes for 3 resource providers:
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/118593.html
> <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/118593.html>

And I’m referring to the comment I made on the spec back on June 13 that was
never corrected/clarified. I’m glad you gave an example yesterday after I
expressed my confusion; that was the whole purpose of starting this thread.
Things may be clear to you, but they have confused me and others. We can’t help
if we don’t understand.

-- Ed Leafe