On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Emilien Macchi <emil...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Honza Pokorny <ho...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to write some integration tests for the TripleO UI.  Simple
>> configuration checks, workflow tests, websocket tests, etc.
>>
>> I had a quick look at the tripleo-ci [1] repository, and it wasn't
>> immediately obvious to me how to extend the existing infrastructure to
>> add something like this.  It seems to me that the current way is just
>> "stick some shell script here and here".  The tripleo.sh script is about
>> 1,600 LOC and it look rather intimidating.
>>
>> I'm looking for help or pointers on how to do this.  Is there a standard
>> way of accomplishing this?  Are there any helpers I should be aware of?
>> Is there any documentation beyond what is in the git tree?
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>
> I think we have 2 options here (which could also be mixed):
>
> - Using tripleo-validatons and make sure we run it in CI.

+1 for using ansible playbooks to write UI tests. I just don't think
we should host the test playbooks in the tripleo-validations
repository, because IMO testing the UI is different to what the
tripleo-validations are doing.
That said, the UI tests could use the ansible inventory from
tripleo-validations -- which ends up in
/usr/bin/tripleo-ansible-inventory and is already being used by
playbooks other than tripleo-validations.

Florian