On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:34 PM, <mihaela.ba...@orange.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Is Octavia (Ocata version) supposed to work with Heat (tested with Newton
> version) deployment? I launch a Heat stack trying to deploy a load balancer
> with a single listener/pool and two members. While the Heat shows status
> COMPLETE and the Neutron shows all objects as created, Octavia creates the
> listener, the pool but with a single member (instead of two).
>
> Another example: I launch a Heat stack trying to deploy a load balancer
> with a multiple listeners/pools each having two members. The results is
> that Heat shows status COMPLETE and the Neutron shows all objects as
> created, Octavia creates the listeners, but only some of the pools and for
> those pool creates only one member or none.
>
> In the Octavia log I could see only these type of errors:

Sounds like https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1632054.

We just check provisioning_status of the loadbalancer when adding members
and mark the resource as CREATE_COMPLETE.  I think octavia had added
provisioning_status for all top level objects like listener etc[1], but I
don't think those attributes are available with lbaasv2 api for us to check.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/372791/