Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2017-07-25 23:37:40 +0000:
> It has been a pleasure and a privilege to captain the good ship
> Infrastructure for the past four cycles, but it's time to let
> someone else take a turn at the wheel. I am confident in the ability
> of my shipmates to step up to the responsibilities of the position
> (quite likely even better than I have done), and I look forward to
> assisting them as they steer us through the challenging waters
> ahead. I couldn't have accomplished everything I did without the aid
> and support of the rest of our crew, so it's only right I should
> give the same as I received. Thank you all for making it so much
> easier than I ever could have anticipated.
>
> I'm definitely not jumping ship, though! Much like my Infra PTL
> emeritus predecessors, I'm excited to be able to return to building,
> fixing and improving the systems on which our community relies so
> heavily day in and day out. This should hopefully also allow me to
> redouble efforts on my TC and VMT responsibilities, and I'm eager to
> be able to set course for long-awaited necessities such as
> consolidated authentication and finally putting an end to the ICLA.
>
> To those running for PTL, remember that we're only a few days away
> from the nomination period so start polishing your platforms; I
> eagerly await the opportunity to read through them all as a regular
> voter rather than a candidate for the first time in years!

Thank you for serving for 2 years! You have elevated the already
excellent standards set by your predecessors for collaboration and
support, and the community is better off as a result of the work the
infra team has done during your tenure.

Doug