I actually don't, for the reasons Clark brought up.

All this does is optimizes for people that don't run unit tests locally,
and make all the jobs take longer. Everything except the tempest jobs
should be easy to run locally.

So this would effectively penalize the people that do the right thing,
to advantage people that aren't.

        -Sean

On 12/05/2013 07:17 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> I like this idea.
>
> Michael
>
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Peter Portante
> <peter.a.porta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anybody considered changing how check and gate jobs work such that
>> the tempest and grenade checks only run once the docs/pep8/unittests
>> jobs all succeed?
>>
>> It seems like they complete so much quicker that folks can fix those
>> bugs before having to wait hours for the other jobs.
>>
>> Thoughts, concerns, problems with that?
>>
>> Sincerely, -peter

Sean Dague
http://dague.net