Hello all!

Yesterday, during the QA meeting, I volunteer myself to help the team handling bugs and defining a better process to triage them.

Investigating the current bug list, I checked we have:

* 7 critical and high bugs. From those, 3 critical non-assigned:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bugs?search=Search&field.importance%3Alist=CRITICAL&field.importance%3Alist=HIGH&assignee_option=none
* 113 new bugs
* 253 open bugs

The first step here is to triage those NEW bugs and try to verify as much as possible the OPEN bugs are being addressed. One goal is to check duplicates, find assignees, confirm if the bugs are still valid and prioritize them. Another one is to ensure recheck bugs are marked correctly (critical or high) and that they have the right people looking at them. Finally, it's important to revisit old bugs in order to check they are still valid and re-prioritize them.

To accomplish that, I would like to suggest a Bug Triage Day for next week on Thursday, 12th (yup, before people leave to end-of-year holidays :) ).

The second step, after getting a concise and triaged bug list, is to ensure we have a defined process to constant revisit the list to avoid the issues we have now. I'm would like to hear suggestions here.

Please, send any thoughts about those steps and any other points you think we should address for monitoring the bugs. We may as well define in this thread what is needed for the bug triage day.

Regards,

--
Adalberto Medeiros
Linux Technology Center