Hi OpenStack developers,

I was wondering what is the current status of the python-openstacksdk
project.  The Octavia team has posted some patches implementing our new
Octavia v2 API [1] in the SDK, but we have not had any reviews.  I have also
asked some questions in #openstack-sdks with no responses.
I see that there are some maintenance patches getting merged and a pypi
release was made 6/14/17 (though not through releases project).  I'm not
seeing any mailing list traffic and the IRC meetings seem to have ended in
2016.

With all the recent contributor changes, I want to make sure the project
isn't adrift in the sea of OpenStack before we continue to spend development
time implementing the SDK for Octavia. We were also planning to use it as
the backing for our dashboard project.

Since it's not in the governance projects list I couldn't determine who the
PTL to ping would be, so I decided to ping the dev mailing list.

My questions:
1. Is this project abandoned?
2. Is there a plan to make it an official project?
3. Should we continue to develop for it?

Thanks,
Michael (johnsom)

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/python-openstacksdk+statu