On 08/08/2017 03:28 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
Petr Kovar wrote:
Hi all,

With the core docs suite moving from openstack-manuals to individual
project repos as per
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/pike/os-manuals-migration.html,
it's also time to update the docs team mission statement from
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/documentation.html.

What are everybody's thoughts on what should the new mission statement
say now that most OpenStack docs maintenance is in the hands of project
teams?

One idea is for the docs team to act as a focused group of editors and
maintain a common set of guidelines, recommended practices (style
guidelines come to mind, for instance), and requirements (such as a common
docs and publishing structure shared across projects).

I think the team needs to be more than "editors". I agree with the rest of the statement and the direction Thierry provides below:

I would say something like:

The docs team provides guidance, assistance, tooling, and style guides
enabling OpenStack project teams to produce consistent, accurate, and
high-quality documentation.

Note the doc team still has a few guides but I would not put emphasis on that, so the above is fine.

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)