Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org> wrote on 08/17/2017 03:35:20 AM:
> From: Thierry Carrez <thie...@openstack.org>
> To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
> Date: 08/17/2017 03:37 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [release] [telemetry] Ceilometer
> stable/pike branch outlook
>
> Tony Breeds wrote:

> >> That doesn't fit my understanding of cycle-with-intermediary, which is
the
> >> the ceilometer release model per [0]. As I read the release model
> >> definitions [1], cycle-with-intermediary means that you can have
> >> intermediate releases *as well*, but you still have to have a
cycle-ending
> >> release in line with the projects using the cycle-with-milestones
model.

> >> Can someone on the release team clarify this for us?
> >
> > That's correct the bit you're missing is cycle-with-intermediary
doesn't
> > have pre-releases (b{1,2,3},rc{1,2}) so when the ceilometer team feels
> > they have the code in shape for a release they'll tag that release and
> > cut a stable/pike branch at the tag point.
>
> Exactly. As explained a couple weeks ago in the release countdown email
[1]:

that email explicitly says: "Deliverables following the
cycle-with-intermediary model should also create their Pike release branch
next week. That means potentially making a last Pike release, and in all
cases posting the stable/pike branch creation request"

And that wasn't done for ceilometer. So it needs to be done, right?

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-August/120574.html