Hey Ruby!

Good point – thanks for bringing it up :)

I was brought up to think that red was one of those colours that people had
different (and sometimes really negative) associations with. When I look at our
latest and greatest! ironic documentation (e.g. [1]), I see red. Not only do I
see red, but the term has a different background colour and is bordered (or
whatever it is called). Are we using the wrong .rst syntax, should we be
highlighting terms differently? And/or is there some way to change the
appearance of highlighted terms? I much prefer something simple, like bold
black text in some uniform font. On the other hand, perhaps lots of others like
this and I'm in the minority.

Andreas is right – the red definitely correct, and this is how we have always
done it in manuals. But that doesn’t mean we have to continue. We just need to
come up with another strong, inoffensive colour that matches; I believe the red
was chosen to simply contrast the blue. A compromise, and complementary
colour[0], would be orange. How would you feel about this?

I hesitated about sending this due to the wonderful bike shedding that could
happen, don't disappoint me, cuz I'm sure we all have opinions about colour. :)

Not going to lie, also afraid of all the bike shedding! But you bring up a good
point – and I don’t want others to also feel negatively about our
documentation. We should be as inclusive as we can.

Also, this email thread isn't about discussing the green and orange colours
used for the code blocks; feel free to start your own thread about that if you
want!

No thanks, if I can avoid it :P

Cheers,

Alex