On 08/29/2017 11:14 AM, Jiří Stránský wrote:
Hi owls,

the CI for containerized deployments with Pacemaker is close! In fact, it works [1][2] (but there are pending changes to merge).

cool :D

I also spotted this which we need for ceph https://review.openstack.org/#/c/498356/

but I am not sure if we want to enable ceph in this job as we have it already in a couple of scenarios, more below ...

The way it's proposed in gerrit currently is to switch the centos-7-containers-multinode job (featureset010) to deploy with Pacemaker. What do you think about making this switch as a first step? (The OVB job is an option too, but that one is considerably closer to timeouts already, so it may be better left as is.)

+1 on switching the existing job

Later it would be nice to get a proper clustering test with 3 controllers. Should we try and switch the centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq job to deploy containers on master and stable/pike? (Probably by adding a new job that only runs on master + Pike, and making the old ovb-ha-oooq only run upto Ocata, to keep the OVB capacity demands unchanged?) I'd be +1 on that since containers are the intended way of deploying Pike and beyond. WDYT?

switching OVB to containers from pike seems fine because that's the indended way as you pointed, yet I would like to enable ceph in the upgrade job, and it requires multiple MON instances (multiple controllers)

would it make any sense to deploy the pacemaker / ceph combination using multiple controllers in the upgrade job and drop the standard ovb job (which doesn't do upgrade) or use it for other purposes?
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA