Siva,
All changes for #1 are not in 17.1.8; there is a pull-request waiting your
review for last few days.
Note that the version EBSCO finally tested with was making one neutron API
call per one pool PATCH API call. Original one was making three neutron API
calls.

Changes in 17.1.8 only reduce it from 3 to 2 per PATCH API call. The
pull-request that is to go into 17.1.9 has the changes for reducing it to 1
neutron API call.

Cheers,
Praveen