The concepts of PCI and SR-IOV are, of course, generic

They are, although the PowerVM guys have already pointed out that they
don't even refer to virtual devices by PCI address and thus anything based on that subsystem isn't going to help them.

but I think out of principal we should avoid a hypervisor-specific
integration for vGPU (indeed Citrix has been clear from the beginning
that the vGPU integration we are proposing is intentionally
hypervisor agnostic) I also think there is value in exposing vGPU in
a generic way, irrespective of the underlying implementation (whether
it is DEMU, mdev, SR-IOV or whatever approach Hyper-V/VMWare use).

I very much agree, of course.

--Dan