Excerpts from Amrith Kumar's message of 2017-10-13 13:32:54 -0400:
> Flavio,
>
> Some months back I looked at a slide that Thierry showed at a meeting;
> it showed contributor statistics and it showed that there were a large
> number of contributors who made exactly 1 commit which sometimes got
> merged, but there was a huge drop off from 1 commit to 2 commits!
>
> So I got to thinking about what could cause that and how one could get
> to the second commit (once you're hooked, you are hooked!).
>
> To that end, I tried to give priority to first time committers; if I
> saw a commit that said "New Contributor", I try to not only thank them
> for it, but also be much more responsive. I hope that helped at least
> one contributor go from 1st commit to 2nd commit.

This is a great point. It's easy to find new contributors because
we have a bot that drops a welcome message on their patch, and
gerrit can query by reviewer:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/reviewer:%22Welcome%252C+new+contributor!%22+status:open,n,z