On 2013-12-09 21:37, Adam Young wrote:
While Python 3 has enumerated types, Python 2 does not, and the
standard package to provide id, Flufl.enum, is not yet part of our
code base.  Is there any strong objection to including Flufl.enum?

http://pythonhosted.org/flufl.enum/

It makes for some very elegant code, especially for enumerated integer types.

For an example See ScopeType in

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55908/4/keystone/contrib/revoke/core.py

Line 62.

the getter/setter in RevokeEvent do not need to do any conditional
logic if passed either an integer or a ScopeType.

"flufl.enum requires Python 2.7 or newer, and is compatible with Python 3.2 and later."

I think we're still supporting 2.6 at the moment, aren't we? This would be a problem until we drop that.

-Ben