Guys,

I see two major trends in the thread:

 * use Salt
 * write our own solution with architecture similar to Salt or MCollective

There were points raised pro and contra both solutions. But I have a
concern which I believe was not covered yet. Both solutions use either
ZeroMQ or message queues (AMQP/STOMP) as a transport. The thing is there is
going to be a shared facility between all the tenants. And unlike all other
OpenStack services, this facility will be directly accessible from VMs,
which leaves tenants very vulnerable to each other. Harm the facility from
your VM, and the whole Region/Cell/Availability Zone will be left out of
service.

Do you think that is solvable, or maybe I overestimate the threat?

Thanks,

Dmitry