On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:11:01AM +0100, Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
> On 25 October 2017 at 03:57, Tony Breeds <t...@bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:

> >> I've also removed the following repos as the have open release requests
> >> for stable/newton
> >>  - openstack/nova
> >>  - openstack/ironic
> >>  - openstack/openstack-ansible*
> >>
> >> And at the request of the docs team I've omitted:
> >>  - openstack/openstack-manuals
> >>
> >> to facilitate 'badging' of the newton docs.
> >
> > The repos listed in
> > http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-October/123910.html
> > have been retired.
> >
> > There were a couple of issues
> > - openstack/deb-python-os-cloud-config
> > - openstack/bareon
> > My clones of both had stale gerrit remotes that has been corrected
> > manually.
> >
> > The timing of the next phase is uncertain right now but I'd like to take
> > care of:
> >
> > - openstack/nova
> > - openstack/ironic
> > - openstack/openstack-ansible*
> > - openstack/openstack-manuals
> >
> > before the summit if possible.
> >
> > Thanks to the infra team for enabling this to happen today.
> >
> > Tony.

> Hello Tony,
>
> We'd like to continue doing as before: updating all our upstream
> projects to their EOL tag, then creating an EOL release based on our
> roles that would successfully deploy those EOL upstream projects.
> If any role need a change, due to latest upstream changes, we need to be
> ready.
>
> TL:DR; I'll submit a patch soon to bump our upstream roles to EOL,
> when nova/ironic will have their EOL tag :p

Yup that was my assumption, sorry it wasn't clear from my
talking-to-myself email thread ;p

So I see it working more or less like:

1. ironic and releases happen and repos tagged
2. The existing OSA review is merged
3. A new review is created for OSA using the tags for $all_projects
that's merged and released
4. a review in openstack-ansible pins the OSA roles to that from 3. (I'm
making that bit up is it right?)
5. openstack-ansible* repos tagged EOL

Where'd I get it wrong?

Yours Tony.