Hi,

In Solum project we are currently creating tests environments for future
test. We split unit tests and functional tests in order to use tempest
framework from the beginning.

Tempest framework assumes that you run your service and test APi endpoints
by sending HTTP requests. Solum uses Pecan WSGI framework which has its own
test framework based on WebTest. This framework allows to test application
without sending actual HTTP traffic. It mocks low level stuff related to
transport but keeps all high level WSGI part as it is a real life
application\service.

There is a question to QA\Tempest teams, what do you think about using
pecan test framework in tempest for Pecan based applications?

Thanks
Georgy