On 11/16/2017 9:58 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
On 2017-11-16 15:17:58 +0900 (+0900), Takashi Natsume wrote:
In nova-specs project, there is an 'openstack-tox-py27' job (in
Zuul check or Zuul gate). The job checks whether spec files comply
with the template or not, line length, etc. But there are cases
that the job is not executed even if a spec file is added or
modified.
[...]

Most projects want to have their unit test jobs skipped on changes
which only alter documentation. The nova-specs repo is unusual in
that it's attempting to leverage a unit testing job to validate
documentation formatting rather than the sorts of docs linters other
projects rely on.

Yeah, in other words, the job definition skips the files that we care about in nova-specs:

https://github.com/openstack-infra/openstack-zuul-jobs/blob/00168bf82cf4a13ac6339736667dd532eeeff4e9/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L238

So we'll probably need to change the definition of the nova-specs py27 job to run these linter type tests in the pep8 run.

Matt