We had a similar kind of requirement to differentiate parameters
between overcloud compute nodes, like a cluster having DELL and HP
machines have different hardware layout, but DPDK requires the
specific CPU information of a hardware layout to function effectively.

We addressed it  by using different roles and role-specific[1]
parameters. There will be 2 roles for compute: ComputeOvsDpdkHP and
ComputeOvsDpdkDell. And using role-specific parameters, the parameters
are targeted to the specific role of a service. The dpdk service files
[2] uses this format to merge the parameters.

Regards,
Saravanan KR

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/advanced_deployment/role_specific_parameters.html