On 11/24/2017 10:23 AM, Julia Kreger wrote:
Greetings Michael,

I believe It would need to involve multiple machines at the same time.

I guess there are two different approaches that I think _could_ be
taken to facilitate this:

1) Provide a facility to use a specific volume as the "golden volume"
to boot up for IPA, and then initiate copies of that volume. The
downside that I see is the act of either copying the volume, or
presenting a snapshot of it that will be deleted a little later. I
think that is really going to depend on the back-end, and if the
backend can handle it or not. :\

Don't most reasonable backends support copy-on-write for volumes? If they do, then creating a mostly-read copy of the volume should be low-overhead.

Chris