Hello colleagues,

I think I'm missing something architectural in LBaaS / Octavia, thus asking there - how to connect Amphora agent to external network? My current lab topology is the following:

                            +

        +                   +----+ n1 |
        +----+ Amphora +----+
        |    +---------+    |    +----+
      m |                 n +----+ n2 |
      g |                 b |    +----+    + e
      m |                 t |              | x
      t |                   |    +----+    | t
   +------------+         b |              | n
   | Controller |         n |    +----+    | a
   +------------+         e |----+ n3 |    + l
                          t |    +----+
                            +

where "Amphora" is agent which loadbalances requests between "n1" and "n2":

 * openstack loadbalancer create --name lb1 --vip-subnet-id nbt-subnet
   --project bush
 * openstack loadbalancer listener create --protocol TCP
   --protocol-port 80 --name lis1 lb1
 * openstack loadbalancer pool create --protocol TCP --listener lis1
   --name lpool1 --lb-algorithm ROUND_ROBIN
 * openstack loadbalancer member create --protocol-port 80 --name n1
   --address 1.1.1.11 lpool1
 * openstack loadbalancer member create --protocol-port 80 --name n2
   --address 1.1.1.14 lpool1

Everything works (n3-sourced connections to Amphora-agent return answers from n1 and n2 respectively in round robin way) and the question is how to connect Amphora-agent to external network in order to service requests from outside?

In example above, nbt-subnet (which is VIP network) has a virtual router which is connected to external network and has all abilities to provide e.g. floating ip to Amphora, but I see nothing in octavia config files regarding floating ip functions.

Am I missing something? Any ways on connect Web-servers in closed (project's) networks with Internet using Octavia / LBaaS?

Thank you!

--
Volodymyr Litovka
  "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison