On 11/30/17 10:36 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
Greetings,

Just wanted to share some progress with the containerized undercloud work.
Ian pushed some of the patches along and we now have a successful undercloud install with containers.

The initial undercloud install works [1]
The idempotency check failed where we reinstall the undercloud [2]

Question: Do we expect the reinstallation to work at this point? Should the check be turned off?

Yeah, there is a bug for that [0]. Not critical to fix, though nice to have for developers. I'm used to deploy with undercloud containers, and it's a pain to do a full teardown and reinstall for each change being tested.

By the way, somewhat related, I have a PoC for undercloud containers all-in-one [1], by quickstart off-road. And a few 'enabler' bug-fixes [2],[3],[4], JFYI and review please.

I think all-in-one uc may be useful either for CI, or dev cases. Like for those who want to deploy *things* on top of openstack, yet suffering from healing devstack and searching alternatives, like packstack et al. So they may want to switch suffering from healing tripleo (undercloud containers) instead.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1698349
[1] https://github.com/bogdando/oooq-warp/blob/master/rdocloud-guide.md
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524114/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524133/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/524187

I will try it w/o the idempotency check, I suspect I will run into errors in a full run with an overcloud deployment.  I ran into issues weeks ago.  I suspect if we do hit something it will be CI related as Dan Price has been deploying the overcloud for a while now.  Dan I may need to review your latest doit.sh scripts to check for diffs in the CI.

Thanks

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/18/518118/6/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-oooq/73115d6/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/undercloud_install.log.txt.gz [2] http://logs.openstack.org/18/518118/6/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-oooq/73115d6/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/undercloud_reinstall.log.txt.gz#_2017-11-30_19_51_26

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
Irc #bogdando