On 12/5/17, 11:37 AM, "Matt Riedemann" <mriede...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/5/2017 2:52 AM, na...@vn.fujitsu.com wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Barbican's team are considering whether the Certificate Orders and CAs
>>should be removed or not [1]. And we would like to hear information from
>>other projects. If you are using this feature for your project, please
>>raise your hand. We will discuss about this.

>I see Peter Hamilton is +1 on this so I assume Nova is fine with it.
>
>As an outsider to Barbican, just reading the commit message I don't
>really have any idea *why* this removal is happening; there is no link
>to background discussion or a summary of whatever discussion has
>happened, or if this is part of a larger series of changes to remove
>support for a feature from the REST API - nor a release note. So you
>might want to think about that from a discoverability / posterity point
>of view.
>
>--
>
>Thanks,
>
>Matt

We originally announced deprecation of the CA features from Barbican in
September 2016 [1], following lots of community discussion and input.
Barbican currently emits a warning if a CA feature is configured.  In this
patch, we're finalizing the process by removing the code.

I agree we need to get a better explanation into the release notes and
documentation to document for history.

Thanks!
--Dave

[1]