From: Lingxian Kong <anlin.k...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [qinling] [faas] project update
​ - 1​

Hi, all

Maybe there are aleady some people interested in faas implementation in
openstack, and also deployed other openstack services to be integrated with
(e.g. trigger function by object uploading in swift), Qinling is the thing
you probably don't want to miss out. The main motivation I creatd Qinling
project is from frequent requirements of our public cloud customers.

For people who have not heard about Qinling before, please take a look at
my presentation in Sydney Summit:
https://youtu.be/NmCmOfRBlIU
There is also a simple demo video:
https://youtu.be/K2SiMZllN_A

As the first project update email, I will just list the features
implemented for now:

- Python runtime
- Sync/Async function execution
- Job (invoke function on schedule)
- Function defined in swift object storage service
- Function defined in docker image
- Easy to interact with openstack services in function
- Function autoscaling based on request rate
- RBAC operation
- Function resource limitation
- Simple documentation

I will keep posting the project update by-weekly, but feel free to get in
touch in #openstack-qinling anytime.