Hi,

Here is the status update / focus settings mail for w5.

Bugs
----
[High] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1742962 nova functional test does not triggered on notification sample only changes Fix merged to master, backports are on the gate. When backport lands we can merge the removal of the triggering of the old jobs for nova by merging https://review.openstack.org/#/c/533608/

As a followup I did some investigation to see if other jobs are affected with the same problem, see ML http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/126616.html

[High] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1737201 TypeError when
sending notification during attach_interface
Fix merged to master. Backports have been proposed:
* Pike: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531745/
* Queens: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531746/

[High] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739325 Server operations
fail to complete with versioned notifications if payload contains unset
non-nullable fields
We need to understand first how this can happen. Based on the comments from the bug it seems it happens after upgrading an old deployment. So it might be some problem with the online data migration that moves the
flavor into the instance.

[Low] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1487038
nova.exception._cleanse_dict should use
oslo_utils.strutils._SANITIZE_KEYS
Old abandoned patches exist but need somebody to pick them up:
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/215308/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/388345/

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
Feature Freeze hit but the team made a good last minute push. Altogether we merged 17 transformation patches in Queens. \o/ Thanks for everybody who contributed with code, review, or encuragement. We have 22 transformations left to reach feature parity which means we have a chance to finish this work in Rocky. I also put up this as a possible intership idea on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GSoC2018#Internship_ideas

Reno for the Queens work is up to date: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518018

Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
A specless bp has been proposed to the Rocky cycle
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances
Some preliminary discussion happened in an earlier patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526251/

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
A new bp has been proposed
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
As the user who initiates the instance action (e.g. reboot) could be
different from the user owning the instance it would make sense to
include the user_id and project_id of the action initiatior to the
versioned instance action notifications as well.

Factor out duplicated notification sample
As https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1742962 is merged it is safe to look at the patches on https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:refactor-notification-samples+status:open again.

Weekly meeting
The next meeting will be held on 30th of January on #openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180130T170000

Cheers,
gibi