On 01/31/2018 06:23 PM, Lance Bragstad wrote:

On 01/31/2018 11:20 AM, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
Hi!

On 01/31/2018 06:16 PM, Lance Bragstad wrote:
Hey folks,

The tracking tool for the policy-and-docs-in-code goal for Queens [0]
lists a couple projects remaining for the goal [1].  I wanted to start a
discussion with said projects to see how we want to go about the work in
the future, we have a couple of options.

I was under assumption that ironic has finished this goal. I'll wait
for pas-ha to weigh in, but I was not planning any activities for it.
It looks like there is still an unmerged patch tagged with the
policy-and-docs-in-code topic [0].

[0]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:open+topic:policy-and-docs-in-code+project:openstack/ironic

But is it required? We've marked the goal as done already, and pas-ha is no longer working on it AFAIK.

I can update the document the goal document saying the work is still
underway for those projects. We can also set aside time at the PTG to
finish up that work if people would like more help. This might be
something we can leverage the baremetal/vm room for if we get enough
interest [2].

Mmm, the scope of the bm/vm room is already unclear to me, this may
add to the confusion. Maybe just a "Goals workroom"?

I want to get the discussion rolling if there is something we need to
coordinate for the PTG. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Lance

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/policy-in-code.html