Hi!

I'll like to raise a question related to "How to clean Nova databases
before running upgrades"
We want to check that Nova databases (nova, nova_api, nova_cell0,
nova_placement) are in good shape before running upgrade, we know that
there is some effort to "purge the deleted instances" but no patches yet
for that.

In general, how can I know we have cleaned all Nova DBs? This can be i.e.
for maintenance purposes or for checking it before the major upgrade.

Currently the command we run is:
   nova-manage db archive_deleted_rows --max_rows 100 --until-complete
Still, the archived rows are stored in shadow tables so we still have a big
DB, and there is some specs[1] to remove them but nothing landed/usable.

[1]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/purge-deleted-instances-cmd

Thanks,
Carlos