On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriede...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/5/2018 9:32 AM, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
Introduce instance.lock and instance.unlock notifications
A specless bp has been proposed to the Rocky cycle
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/trigger-notifications-when-lock-unlock-instances
Some preliminary discussion happened in an earlier patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526251/

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
A new bp has been proposed
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
As the user who initiates the instance action (e.g. reboot) could be
different from the user owning the instance it would make sense to
include the user_id and project_id of the action initiatior to the
versioned instance action notifications as well.

Both should be mentioned during the 'open discussion' part of the weekly nova meeting but at first glance I think these are both OK.

I've added them to the agenda for tomorrow.

cheers,
gibi

Matt