On 02/05/2018 06:33 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

It does seem to me, however, that if the intention is *not* to get into the
multi-cloud orchestration game, that a simpler solution to this multi-region
OpenStack deployment use case would be to simply have a global Glance and
Keystone infrastructure that can seamlessly scale to multiple regions.

That way, there'd be no need for replicating anything.

One use-case I've seen for this sort of thing is someone that has multiple geographically-separate clouds, and maybe they want to run the same heat stack in all of them.

So they can use global glance/keystone, but they need to ensure that they have the right flavor(s) available in all the clouds. This needs to be done by the admin user, so it can't be done as part of the normal user's heat stack.

Something like "create a keypair in each of the clouds with the same public key and same name" could be done by the end user with some coding, but it's convenient to have a tool to do it for you.

Chris