Excerpts from Sean McGinnis's message of 2018-02-08 13:00:52 -0600:
> The release job for magnum failed, but luckily it was after tagging and
> branching the release. It was not able to get to the point of uploading a
> tarball to http://tarballs.openstack.org/magnum/ though.
>
> The problem the job encountered is that magnum is now configured to publish to
> Pypi. The tricky part ends up being that the "magnum" package on Pypi is not
> this magnum project. It appears to be an older abandoned project by someone,
> not related to OpenStack.
>
> There is an openstack-magnum registered. But since the setup.cfg file in
> openstack/magnum has "name = magnum", it attempts to publish to the one that
> is
> not ours.
>
> I have put up a patch to openstack/magnum to change the name to
> openstack-magnum here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542371/
>
> That, or something like it, will need to merge and be backported to
> stable/queens before we can get this project published.
>
> If there are any questions, please feel free to drop in to the
> #openstack-release channel.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

Another alternative is to change the job configuration for magnum to use
release-openstack-server instead of publish-to-pypi, at least for the
near term. That would give the magnum team more time to make the changes
need to modify the sdist name for the package.

Doug