On 2/13/2018 10:31 AM, gordon chung wrote:
was there a resolution for this? iiuc, pgsql is not supported by glance
based on:
https://github.com/openstack/glance/commit/f268df1cbc3c356c472ace04bd4f2d4b3da6c026

i don't know if it was a bad commit but it seems to break any case that
tries to use pgsql (except if the db has all migrations applied already).

not making an opinion here, just asking as i have a patch[1] to remove
pgsql gate from one of the telemetry projects that was affected and
wondering if i should proceed.

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542240/

Wow, not even a release note on that glance change. As I commented in the review, if you're using postgresql, it doesn't matter if you don't care about rolling upgrade support for glance, you literally just can't upgrade *at all* to queens for glance now.

Surely there must be some kind of way we can put in logic like, "if engine == postgresql: log a warning and do the offline schema migration"

?

Matt