I sent a similar email after Pike was released  and these are our
blueprint burndown chart results for Queens .
Comparing to Pike, the trends are similar, with the overall numbers
down. Things ramp up until the spec freeze, then tail off, with a little
spike toward the end to get things in by feature freeze.
Comparing final numbers to Pike
Max targeted / approved for Pike: 76 / 69
Max targeted / approved for Queens: 65 / 53
Final completed for Pike: 50
Final completed for Queens: 42
Within targeted/approved/completed, the relative numbers are about the
same and our percentage of approved / completed is actually better in
Queens (72% completion percentage of approved blueprints in Pike
compared to 79% completion percentage of approved blueprints in Queens).
So while we targeted fewer blueprints in Queens, we did a better job of
actually completing them. To me, this indicates some level of stability
with the things we've been working on over the last several releases,
particularly with respect to cells v2 and placement. It likely also
means there are just fewer people / organizations trying to contribute,
which isn't a surprise to me with the maturity of OpenStack. This can be
both a good thing a bad thing, but I'm not going to try and get into
We can talk about this and more during the PTG when we go through our
Queens retrospective .
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)