Re-sending from the account I'm subscribed with.

On 02/15/2018 10:40 AM, Ben Nemec wrote:

On 02/15/2018 04:00 AM, Jiri Tomasek wrote:
With this approach, we'll create common API provided by Mistral to generate NIC config templates which can be reused by CLI and other clients, not TripleO UI specifically. Note that we will also need a 'reverse' Mistral workflow which is going to convert template yaml network_config into the input json format, so GUI can display current configuration to the user and let him change that.

Oh, that reminds me: there were some things that I needed to store for GUI use that aren't represented in the output templates.  That's why my tool writes out a pickle file that contains the intermediate data format, and when it loads a set of templates it actually reads that pickle file, not the templates themselves.

I don't recall all of the bits, but at a glance I see that I had stored values for auto_routes, ipv6, and version.  You can probably ignore version since you'll only ever need to support version 2, and it's possible you could derive the other two values based on the values in the templates.  It would require some fuzzy logic though, I think.

I believe there was also some one-way transformation done on the data when converting the JSON data to templates.  I'm not sure whether that could be reversed from just the templates.  It would certainly be more complex to do it that way.

Just something to keep in mind.  Especially because these templates will mostly never be seen by end-users since they'll go straight into the plan, it may be much simpler to store intermediate data alongside the templates and use that for populating the GUI.